Dear CTES Students, Parents & Faculty,
Our Annual 5th Grade Change for Charities Wax Museum event will be held at CTES on Monday, June 11th from 8:40-10:10am. We will be located in the library and cafeteria. Student will be visiting the museum with their class and the CTES students, faculty and parents are encouraged to bring change for our chosen charity the American Red Cross. Thank you so much for helping the 5th Grade support such a great charity. We look forward to your visit to the museum!
The 5th Grade Class
Good Morning Parents,
Wow! Our class is having a great time learning all about the virtues of a true hero! Make sure to check in with your student today to see what they’ve been learning through Castle Quest!
I wanted to give you an update on our class’s progress! Our class has raised $380 in two nights!! We think we can make it even further to help our school!
Will you help us by reaching out to one or two more sponsors tonight?
If you haven’t yet registered your student on funrun.com (registration code is 617-293), don’t worry. There’s still time to do it and earn your student a free prize. Plus, once you’re registered, you’ll find lots of fun, easy ways to reach out to sponsors like our Easy Emailer, Facebook Share button, or even the Student Star Video!
Thank you for your support of our school!
Let me know if you have questions!
P.S. The EASIEST way to ask for pledges is simply to click the “Share on Facebook” button on your student’s pledge page. Families who do raise more!
Good Morning Parents!
Our class is having a blast preparing for the Colonial Trail Cubs Fun Run coming up soon! We’ve also begun to learn how to “be brave” and live with character through Boosterthon’s character theme, Castle Quest. On their quest to regain Bravemore Castle, our students are learning the “SIX VIRTUES of a TRUE HERO” from a cast of colorful characters. Make sure to ask your students what they’ve learned each day, and together you can watch the story unfold on funrun.com!
Remember, we need your help connecting to sponsors who can make a pledge to help our school! Please make sure all pledges for the laps are entered on funrun.com. The more pledges we get, the more incentives our class earns on our Pledge-O-Meter. Plus, for every flat pledge made, a donation will be made to help teachers fund their classroom projects through Boosterthon’s giveback initiative, Project Classroom. I know our students are excited to rise to the challenge and lend a helping hand to teachers everywhere!
Thank you for your generosity and support of our school. If you have any questions, please let me know.
Have a great day!
P.S. Make sure to register your child on funrun.com. He or she will receive a FREE GIFT just for being signed up. Use our school registration code: 617293 We already have 50% of the class signed up and have raised $250 in one night!!!! Let’s keep it up!!!!
Our Colonial Trail Cubs Fun Run program kicked off today with an exciting Pep Rally, and we are thrilled about this year’s program! We’ve asked the Fun Run experts at Boosterthon to power our Fun Run program (which will last about two weeks), making our fundraising simpler, more profitable, and more fun. Our Fun Run includes EVERY student in a fun fitness event while helping our school raise much-needed funds.
This year, our entire school is raising funds for the Literacy Program and the Quaver Music Program. Our goal is to raise $20,000, and we need YOUR help!
Here’s how you can support Colonial Trail:
- Register your student on funrun.com using this code: 617-293 Once you do, your student will receive a FREE GIFT just for being registered. Then, use funrun.com to log pledges for your child.
- Reach out to sponsors. Every student’s goal is to connect with 10 sponsors. And with funrun.com’s smart sharing features, reaching out to sponsors is easier than ever. The easiest way to get pledges is to simply click the Facebook share button on your student’s pledge page. Plus, with a few clicks you can create a custom Student Star video to share on social media. You can also use the Easy Emailer to connect with friends and family. As you gather pledges, be sure to record each sponsor’s e-mail address so they have the opportunity to easily pay for your student’s pledge online via credit card.
- Our Fun Run program will be collecting flat donations only! Although most students will be running 30-35 laps at the Fun Run, we will not be collecting any pledges per lap.
- Ask your child about the Castle Quest Character Lesson of the day! This year’s character program is Castle Quest, a castle theme all about bravery. On their quest to regain Bravemore Castle, students will learn the “SIX VIRTUES of a TRUE HERO” from a cast of colorful characters. Join along by watching the fun character videos with your child on funrun.com.
- Come to the Fun Run on Friday, June 8th at 6:00 p.m.! All students are invited to celebrate at the Fun Run, regardless of financial participation. We would love for you to come out and cheer!
Thank you for supporting our school. We hope to see you next week at the Fun Run!
Colonial Trail Administration and PTA
Mrs. Smith, our Colonial Trail art teacher, is collecting some interesting items to be used in the art room this spring and next fall. Please consider donating any of the following items to be used by the children in their art classes. Feel free to collect these supplies during the summer and send them in the fall as well. Your trash is our treasure!! Thanks for all of your help!!
Old CDs, Felt, Yarn, Fabric Scraps, Beads or old Necklaces, 4 oz Elmers Glue Bottles, Cheap White Paper Plates, Styrofoam or Plastic Egg Cartons, Empty Toilet Tissue and Paper Towel Rolls, Newspaper
Reminder that our chorus concert is tomorrow, May 4th at 1:45pm. We hope you can attend! Students need to wear their class t-shirts, jeans, and tennis shoes.
Friday, May 11th – Reading Part 1
Monday, May 14th – Reading Part 2
Thursday, May 17th – Math part 1
Friday, May 18th – Math part 2
Thursday, may 24th – Virginia Studies
Good afternoon 4th grade parents,
Can you believe we are nearing the end of the school year already? I wanted to give you all an update on our annual 4th Grade Book Celebration—due to a scheduling conflict the last week of school we are moving the big day up two school days, from Tuesday, June 12 to Thursday, June 7. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. The date chance will not affect the book response deadline, which is Wednesday, May 30th.
Ms. Brown, Librarian & The 4th grade team