4 thoughts on “Zoned Community High School: Traditional Academic Program

1. Although I don’t go to my zoned school, I can speak for my friends who do, and they love it! You probably won’t have most of your friends from middle school if you decide to go to your zoned school because most of them will be going into centers, but it is a great opportunity to meet new people and have more freedom with your classes. Honors and AP classes are challenging, like IB, but will essentially make you feel like you are in a center as well. Don’t be scared or worried that you don’t want to or decide to not go to a center. You will be fine!:)

2. If you are conflicted between your zoned school and a specialty center, here is some advice: Last year I was accepted into a specialty center and I really wanted to go there, just not for the center. Two of my best friends were going there and I did not want to get separated from them. I realized that the school was not a good fit for me, and now I currently go to Godwin High School, and I love it! I am taking all honors, so it’s just as challenging as IB, and I have so much more free time. At first, I felt that I was going to be judged by my friends at Moody because everyone was going into a center except for me and a couple other kids, but I realized it wasn’t about them; it was about the best fit for me. I hope this advice helps and enjoy your last year at Moody because it will fly by!

3. If you’re thinking that you want to go to your zoned school but you’re unsure just know that it’s absolutely okay to do that and a lot of kids end up doing that from Moody. I currently go to Glen Allen for zoned and I love it! I’m taking all honors classes so it’s still challenging like IB was but not overwhelming. GAHS is really great and you should definitely come here if you can. At first I felt really bad for not going to a center but I realized it really doesn’t matter and I’m actually glad that I’m only in zoned with honors classes because I have more freedom with my schedule. Good luck and enjoy your last year at Moody 🙂

4. My home school (Glen Allen High) is a really fun place to be! The teachers are great and so are the classes.