About the Teacher!

Hello! I am Maryanne Dalla Valle and one of the 4th grade teachers here at Colonial Trail! I am currently in my 8th year of teaching, where I’ve taught seven years in 4th grade. Virginia History is my favorite subject to teach, which is a big reason why I continue to teach in this grade level.

I was born in New Jersey, where I was able to spend the majority of my childhood. In 2001, my family relocated to Virginia, and I have not been able to leave! I love this state and it has brought wonderful people and opportunities to my life. I am a former student of Hanover County schools, attending Chickahominy Middle and Atlee High School. Following Atlee, I attended Randolph Macon College, where I graduated in 2010 with a degree in Sociology and a teaching license in Elementary Education PreK-6.

I had the opportunity to begin my teaching career in Hanover County as an SOL Tutor. After a year in that position, I made the trek up to Triangle, Virginia, where I taught at Triangle Elementary for 5 years. Last year, I was a 4th grade teacher in East End Henrico at Montrose Elementary. Needing to be closer to home (and my sweet pup, Gracie), I interviewed and was lucky enough to be given the opportunity to teach here at CTES!

A little bit about my family…

I am the youngest of 3, and am blessed with amazing parents, an incredible brother and sister, and a wonderful sister-in-law and brother-in-law. I am the proud aunt to one handsome little nephew, and am the biased mom to a sweet Shichon dog named Gracie (she’s my “child”!). I certainly cannot forget to add that I am dating an incredible man who is also a teacher at a local private high school! These people have been a great support system over the years and I know you’ll hear about them as I love to share stories in the classroom (especially when funny things happen)!

I am very excited about this upcoming school year and having the opportunity to continue to grow as a teacher working with your students. Cheers to a great school year!