Who is Miss A?

Welcome to fifth grade!  My name is Meghan Atkins and I am very excited about working with you and your students this year.  As we begin this journey together, I would like to take a moment to introduce myself.

I was born and raised locally here in Henrico County.  I earned my Bachelor’s Degree in French & Elementary Education from William and Mary (Go Tribe!) and had the unbelievable opportunity to study abroad in Montpellier, France for one year.  I completed my student teaching in Williamsburg, VA, and have taught at both Rivers Edge and Gayton here in Henrico County before teaching at Springfield Park Elementary.

Teaching is one of my passions, but I also have a strong love for sports.  Both the fall and winter seasons keep me busy with college football and basketball; I keep in-game stats for both W&M and UofR.  I also enjoy tap dancing, attending live theater, and am always up for a trip!  I’m looking forward to sharing many of my experiences with your students this year as they also share their passions with me.