- I hope you enjoyed a relaxing break filled with family and friends. We only have three weeks remaining before winter break! Please help remind your student to make good choices, complete nightly homework, and be prepared for tests and quizzes. Thank you for your continued support!
- Report Cards– Report cards were sent home last week, Tuesday, November 22nd. Please review your child’s report card with them and sign the outside of the envelope next to the red star. Then return only the envelope. Thanks so much!
- Winter Performance– Along with Winter Break, our winter program is right around the corner. Please mark your calendars for Friday, December 16th at 9 am to come and watch your child perform. Also, if your child has an assigned part, please encourage them to practice their parts as much as possible. Can’t wait to see them perform!
In the Classroom
- Reading/Language Arts: For Word Study, we will begin our third unit, returning to Greek and Latin Roots. This week’s list will focus on JECT. In class, students will read leveled passages about immigration and acclimating to new cultures as they continue working on their literature circle novels, all with a main character traveling to the United States for the first time. We will also practice our read aloud skills as we prep for “Giving the Gift of Reading” through our Redskins Read Program.
- Math: A couple of classes are concluding their units on solving expressions with the order of operations. The other classes are working to compare fractions and convert them to and from decimals. Continue to encourage your student to practice facts on reflex math regularly.
- Science/Social Studies: In science, we will continue to look at properties of the ocean, as well as the creatures and plants that live within. We will begin using our Social Studies textbook this week as we talk about the “peopling of the United States” and the cultural influences that have made us who we are today. Looking forward to hearing about school experiences that students learned about over the break and the opportunity for students to continue sharing over the next couple of weeks.
Mark Your Calendar
- November 30th – Redskins Read Booklet due
- December 7th – PTA Spirit Night – Panera, 4 – 8 pm
- December 14th – Benjamin Franklin assembly, 9 am
- December 16th – Winter Performance, Winter Party
- December 19th – January 1st – Winter Break