Meet Ms. Holcomb!

Hi! My name is Ms. Lauren Holcomb, and I love being Chamberlayne’s School Counselor! This is my third school year at Chamberlayne. The six years before that, I worked at Highland Springs Elementary (HCPS) and Blackwell Elementary (RPS) as their Communities In Schools Site Coordinator. I earned my Master’s degree in School Counseling from VCU and my Bachelor’s degree in English from UVA. I LOVE working with kids and think I have the best job in the world. Helping students grow and succeed to their fullest potential is my passion. Thank you for sharing your children with me!

When I am not at school, I enjoy traveling, reading, spending time with my family, and trying new restaurants.  I also love working jigsaw puzzles, playing cards, and going for walks around Richmond. My favorite sports teams are the Boston Red Sox (#worldserieschamps woohoo!!) and UVA basketball, my favorite color is blue, and my favorite season is Fall. One thing that most people don’t know about me is that I grew up on a farm with cows, mules, and goats!