Welcome Back!

We are SO EXCITED to start the 2020-2021 school year! Chamberlayne teachers and staff have been working incredibly hard to make this school year the best one yet, even if it is starting virtually! We have all grown this summer and expanded our knowledge of fun, engaging, and impactful ways to teach and learn virtually. Are you ready to join us??

Each student’s homeroom teacher will have her/his course materials and daily class meetings linked through Schoology. When you log in to Schoology, you will see that each student is ALSO automatically linked to my counseling course. My page has an intro video, links to submit requests for me to talk to students, and also my Bitmoji “counseling corner.” Check it out! Here are those links as well:

Student request to speak with me

Parent/guardian request to speak with me (or refer a student to do so)

Teacher/staff request to speak with me (or refer a student to do so)

You can also always email me at leholcomb@henrico.k12.va.us. Please do not leave a message on my school voicemail, as it will only be checked once a week. Messages through the links above or email messages will be checked daily on school days between 8:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.

Here’s a link to my Bitmoji counseling corner: Ms. Holcomb’s Counseling Corner  This interactive site will be updated throughout the year to include even more activities and resources. It is meant to be an asynchronous resource for students and parents to use, so that even when the students are not in “live” counseling sessions, groups, or lessons with me, they can access informative books and online tools to practice skills like calming down and regulating their emotions. Later, it will also include some college and career exploration resources, activities related to our monthly classroom lessons, and more!

I look forward to being a resource and support for all students, families, and staff this school year. Don’t hesitate to reach out to let me know how I can help you!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.