October, November, and December – oh my!

Time is flying by here at Chamberlayne Elementary! In October, our character trait of the month was Responsibility. In November, we focused on Teamwork & Cooperation. Tomorrow, our December character trait of the month (Open-Mindedness & Appreciating Diversity) will be introduced at our monthly First Friday assembly with all students grades PreK-5th!

Students are learning about why these character traits are important as well as how to demonstrate them appropriately both in and out of the school setting. At the end of each classroom lesson, I try to tie in students’ career goals with how they will use these traits to succeed in their chosen career fields. I love hearing about what the students dream of becoming one day! So far I’ve heard everything from NBA player to lawyer to movie director. Whatever students choose to do for work as adults, they will surely need to use every one of these personal and social skills in addition to their academic skills in order to succeed to their full potential. Thanks for reinforcing the importance of these positive character traits at home!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.