We had such a great week last week. We have hit the ground running for this final quarter of the year. Can you believe it? In just 8 more weeks your babies will be heading off to middle school. We have gotten a great start on our digital poetry books and we can’t wait to see the final product.
Next week we will be heading to Nauticus on our field trip. We will send out a reminder at the beginning of next week.
1. Marco’s Pizza Delivery Night- is this Wednesday. You needed to order your pizza by April 15th. We hope you enjoy the delivery boxes!
2. Yearbooks- the deadline for ordering your yearbook is right around the corner. Here is the link for the information on how to order a yearbook:
yearbook– (click on the link)
2. Photos for Graduation: 5th grade graduation is just around the corner and photos are being collected to make a video for the event. Mrs. Morley plans to use 3 photos of each student; one as a baby or toddler, one current and one in between. If you have any favorite group photos, she would love those as well.
Please email your pics to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 1st. File names should reflect your student’s name. So for example, Jack’s file names could be JackMorley1, etc. This will help her stay organized.
3. KES Career Festival, Sponsored by Karen Shaia, School Counselor
Calling all available workers to share their vast expertise from the World of Work!
DATE: Friday, 4/19 TIME: 8:00-10:45 AM
PLACE: KES Student Classrooms or Presentations in the Gym, or Work Vehicles in the Bus Loop
This year presenters will speak with students for 15 minutes during rotations and share materials and equipment they use on their jobs. Your role would be to help students understand the importance education plays in determining your career choice. Please consider being part of our Kaechele Career Day Festival. If interested, then please sign up using this link Career Day 2019; http://goo.gl/forms/nQfxcMyFjA. If you have any questions, then email Mrs. Shaia at email@example.com.
4. SOL Testing Schedule- please put these dates on your calendar and try to schedule appointments around these dates.
May 7-8 Reading Part 1 and 2
May 15-16 Math Part 1 and 2
May 23- Science
17 PTA Spirit Night- Marco’s Pizza delivery
19 Career Day (½ day of school for students)
22 Student Holiday
26 Field Day
7 PTA Board Meeting in library 6:30-7:30 PM
6-10 Teacher Appreciation Week
30 PTA Spirit Night at Gelati Celesti
5 End of the year KG Program; 8:30 AM
6 End of Year School Celebration ( rescheduled Fall Festival activities)
13 5th Grade Completion Ceremony/Celebration; 9:30-11:00 AM
14 ½ day of school for students- dismissal at 11:00 AM
Reading: Anderson- Biographies, Dix- Main Idea and Summarizing
Math: Measurement and Maps Testing
S.S.: Midwest Region
English: Poetry Booklets