We hope you enjoyed this last Monday off in January. We have some important information below so please scroll all the way down and please take note.
- World Read Aloud Day is Friday, February 1st. KES coyotes will be making Global Connections Through Reading during an assembly on that day and then in their classrooms throughout the month of February. To prepare for our assembly, Mrs. Patterson is asking each and every KES family to share ONE picture of your family reading together and send that picture to your child(ren)’s teacher. The pictures will be used in a slide show that will be shared during our assembly. If you haven’t done so please send in a picture ASAP so that we may add your child’s picture to the slide show.
2. Superbowl Friday- on Friday the SCA is having a spirit day. The New England Patriots will be battling the Los Angeles Rams on Sunday. On Friday, wear the colors of the team you would like to see win the Superbowl. If you want the Patriots to win then wear red, blue, and white. If you want the Rams to win then wear blue and yellow.3.Course Recommendation Forms-went home last week on Tuesday, Jan. 22nd. Please read over the information since it is very important for middle school. The bottom of the slip needs to be filled out and sent back to school as soon as possible.
4. Benchmark Testing Window:
Math Grades 3-5 Part 1 Jan. 30
Math Grades 3-5 Part 2 Jan. 31
6. International Festival- Thursday, January 31st; 5:30-7:00 PM, is Kaechele’s Annual International Festival. This is one event you don’t want to miss! If interested in hosting a booth or volunteering in some aspect during this event, then please contact Ramnita Sandu firstname.lastname@example.org or Parnita Singh email@example.com
5. Winter Parent Conferences are scheduled for Thursday, Feb. 7th from 2:30-6:00 PM. Knowing that teacher/parent communication occurs throughout the school year, it may not be necessary for you to conference with your child’s teacher at this time. However, if you would like to schedule a conference time, our school will again use Sign Up Genius as a tool for scheduling appointments. A School Messenger message will be sent out Tuesday, Jan 29th with the specific information for scheduling an appointment to meet with your child’s teacher on Feb. 7th.
6. Random Acts of Kindness Month– every February KES celebrates random acts of kindness. We have many school wide events to help celebrate this month. Listed below are many of the opportunities for our coyotes to show kindness.
- February 4-8 Food Drive for Henrico County Blue Bus Department of Family and Community Engagement: This campaign is sponsored by our KES community service club. Please bring in one or more food items to help those students and families in Henrico County who are in need of food. Items include: cereal boxes, cereal bars, fruit cups, applesauce, oatmeal, grits, fruit rolls, peanut butter, jams/jellies, mac-n-cheese, rice, noodles, beans, instant mashed potatoes, all veggie/fruit canned items, canned meats such as tuna, ham, or chicken, chili, corn beef hash, all soups – canned or in cartons, bottle water, juices, boxed drinks.
- February 11-15 Coat Drive for Caring Clothes Closet RVA: This campaign is sponsored by our KES community service club. Please send in gently used children’s coats to help support those in need for warm winter items.
- February 11-15 Children’s Hospital Foundations’ Change for Children Campaign: This campaign is sponsored by our KES SCA. 100% of the collection stay here in Richmond to support patients that are receiving services from Children’s Hospital of Richmond at VCU. Bring in any spare change for classroom change jars.
- January 22-February 21 Healthy Schools, Healthy Virginia Thank you for considering a donation that will be shared with the American Heart Association and KES. Half of the donations will be used to purchase a set of Polar OH1 optical heart rate sensors. The other half of the donation will go to the American Heart Association.
28 Student Holiday
31 CHANGE OF DATE: International Festival sponsored by the PTA
FEBRUARY Kindness Month at KES
1 World Read Aloud Day
1 Superbowl Friday- SCA Spirit Day
5 PTA Board Meeting in library 6:30-7:30 PM
6 PTA Spirit Event at Boomerang
7 Parent Conferences 2:30-6:00
11 Report Cards go home
18 FULL DAY for students ( Was originally a half day,but due to snow, it was changed.)
21 Family Fun and Fitness Night (6:30 pm – 7:30 pm)
26 PTA General Membership Meeting: Library, 6:00PM to approve annual budget
5 PTA Board Meeting in library 6:30-7:30 PM
22 Spring Pictures (individual only)
22 4th grade recorder concert: 1:00 PM
28 Festival of the Arts: 6:00-8:00 PM
29 ½ day for students
1-5 Spring Break Week/ School Closed
9 PTA Board Meeting in library 6:30-7:30 PM
11 Kindergarten Registration
17 PTA Spirit Night- Marco’s Pizza delivery
19 Career Day (½ day of school for students)
22 Student Holiday
26 Field Day
Reading: Dix- Reader’s Theater, Anderson-Sequencing
Math: variables and equations
Science: Oceans- ocean currents and ocean zones
S.S.: Northeast Region
English: “Today Fifth Grade – Tomorrow the World” Essays
Bonus- Your child will get initials on the Bingo Board if you email your homeroom teacher by 7am on Wednesday morning (1/30) if you answer this question correctly.
- When is Family Fun and Fitness night? (Day and Time)