We have truly enjoyed the sunshine this week! I hope for much, much more of it! 🙂
- Student Information Records are in the Friday Folder today. Please correct any information that is incorrect and send back to school. If it’s all correct, just sign and send back. Thanks for your help updating our records!
- Trevvett’s Book Fair is next week! Our class will visit the book fair on Monday to preview it and make wish lists. You’ll see the book fair flyer in the folders today.
- Field Day t-shirt orders are online! Click Here to Order! Last day to place your order is March 29th! (Field Day is April 26th)
- Field Trip Permission Slips and $12.00 for our Pinocchio Play are due no later than Friday, March 22nd!
- Check out the pictures from March 11-15, 2019
Academics Next Week:
Reading: We’ll use multiple forms of text, including online books, library books, and teacher created passages to help us draw conclusions and find proof and clues within fictional text. 2nd Grade Language Arts Skills, Read Theory, More Language Arts Skill Games
Writing/Spelling: New words for the week are: careful, helpful, thankful, spotless, fearless, speechless, these, best, going, take. Students will work on recognizing how the suffixes -less and -ful change the meaning of a base word. We’ll also begin writing a story, The Best Part of Spring, and use our persuasive writing skills to convince a reader to agree with their perspective.
Math: Our fractions unit continues! Students will work on comparing fractions, recognizing fractions of a set, and complete critical thinking tasks involving real world fraction problems. Identify the Fractions Fractions of a Group Match the shape to the fraction 2nd grade Fractions Games FRACTIONS VIDEO FOR KIDS- NUMBERROCK
Science: We’ll explore the interesting world of magnets! Students will get a chance to explore several different types and uses of magnets. We’ll watch videos, read passages and books, and complete puzzles all about Magnets. Be on the lookout for the study guide attached to the HW packet on Monday.
🙂 Have a marvelous weekend! 6 days ’til Spring! -Ms. Myers 🙂