Welcome to Fourth grade and to my class! I’m looking forward to getting to know you all even better throughout the year and to working with each and every one of you as the year progresses. Progressing both academically and socially is very important to me, and together, we will make it a very successful year!
I know that we will get to know one another much better as the year progresses, but here is a little background on me. My name is Kasey Kolste and I was born and raised in the Big Sky State: Montana! I moved to the South fifteen years ago following the completion of my student teaching in Charlotte, NC. I fell in love with the area and couldn’t resist coming back. I taught fifth grade in Charlotte for two years at a Visual and Performing Arts School and then moved to a school across the border called Gold Hill Elementary School. I taught fourth grade in South Carolina for another eight years and then I decided to move north to Richmond. I love teaching fourth grade and thoroughly enjoy watching my students learn the exciting curriculum. Besides teaching, I enjoy the great outdoors and traveling!
Fourth grade will bring about new faces, new challenges, and new interests for each student and I am excited about taking this journey with your child. My classroom will promote high expectations as well as a love for learning, so I anticipate a year of achievement and fun.
There are many things that are important when it comes to having a successful year, but effective communication is essential. I am always available by either phone or email if you have any questions. I look forward to getting to know all of you in the near future and to working with you over this exciting year!

Sincerely,

Mr. Kolste
kekolste@henrico.k12.va.us