Timeline—Important Dates Middle School Transition to Short Pump Middle School: January 2021.
Important Dates to Remember:
- January 19-21, 2021
- Rising 6th Grade SPMS Counselor Visits Elementary Students virtually
- January 21, 2021
- 5:30-7:00 p.m.—SPMS Virtual Curriculum Carnival (LINK ON SPMS Website) https://shortpumpms.henricoschools.us/
- February 3, 2021
- SPMS Elementary Planning Guide Q&A Link for meetings
- 9:00-10:00 a.m.—Virtual Elementary Planning Guide Question and Answer session with a counselor
- 5:00-6:00 p.m.—Virtual Elementary Planning Guide Question and Answer session with a counselor
- February 15-26, 2021
- Parents go online to review and accept teacher recommendations and select electives
- May 28, 2021
- Deadline to request a schedule change. Changes will only be honored if space is available in the course being requested.
- August 26, 2021-TENTATIVE DATE AND TIME
- 9 a.m.-12 p.m.—SPMS—PRIDE Camp: Rising sixth-grade transition program
Here are the resources needed to assist in scheduling your 5th grader for SPMS. Please do not hesitate to call me if you have questions Remember students need to select 3 electives in order of preference. 1 choice 2nd choice and alternate.
http://academicplanningguide.henricoschools.us/ (View the Planning guide)
Parent-Portal-creation 2016 (PowerPoint Presentation)
Parent Portal Instruction (Written directions)
Course Request Selection (PowerPoint Presentation)
Course Request Selection through Parent Portal (Written directions)