Counseling News September October 2018

It has been an amazing start to our new year!! September lessons flew by with themes of respecting differences and practicing mindfulness. In October our lesson will introduce bully prevention practices and our first Habitude self-awareness. Our character education of Habitudes leads students to 21st century learning by practicing these traits: Imagination , Curiosity, Self-Awareness, Courage, Adaptability, Perseverance, and Passion. I look forward to each month’s lesson on these topics as well as lessons that are the foundation of the ASCA mindsets.

In addition to classroom lessons I will begin small support groups in October. Please download the permission slip( on the Counseling Services tab) should you feel your child could benefit from small group counseling and return it to me next week 10/8 to 10/12.

Last but not least I want to give a huge shout out to our fathers and father figures who came out to our Pizza party-line up and sign up! Go WATCH D.O.G.S.(dad’s of great students). 

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.