Save the Date: August 14, 2018
“Dive into Deeper Learning” #DiveDeep18
Elementary Summer Instructional Technology Conference
Glen Allen High School
Join us for an exciting day of professional learning at “Dive into Deeper Learning,” our elementary summer conference presented by Instructional Technology. Discover fun ways to use technology effectively in your classroom while exploring Schoology, classroom device access, and much more! Of course, there will be games, music, prizes, and food trucks! You don’t want to miss this! We will start collecting proposals for presenters soon! Mark your calendars now!
What is Discovery Education’s Board Builder? It’s an awesome new tool, exclusive to Discovery Education, that allows the user to create multi-media posters that include text, images, and video! The Board Builder’s customization and sharing options allow for versatility of use.
To access the Discovery Education Board Builder Online Course:
- Login to Clever.
- Click this link to complete the Discovery Education Science Board Builder Course online. https://app.discoveryeducation.com/training/course/id/gn3ip3 It’s quick and you will receive the equivalent of 1 hour of professional development toward recertification if you need it!
Getting Started with Board Builder
50 Ways to Use Board Builder
Who says a 10 year old can’t change the world and save lives? Sometimes, all it takes is a prototype to reserve a patent and gain the attention to make things happen. Click here
to see how this 5th grader in Texas designed a device to prevent hot car deaths of children.
- Go to Google Photos and select photo that you would wish to embed
- Open the photo in full (not as thumbnail)
- Right click on the image and select “Copy image address”
- Return to word press post or page
- Click on “Add Media”
- Select “Insert from URL” and past Google photo link that was copied
- Provide caption or alt text
- Click on “Insert to Post”
Enjoy inserting photos to your post right from Google photos!
Below is the link to a list of resources you can check out through your ITRT this year! https://docs.google.com/document/d/1siwr679SZdGv6KMYB4j4QncBIyaM5vlx9i2zbNoaT0o/copy
Just click “Make a copy” which will save a copy to your Google Drive account. It may prompt you to login to your HCPS Google account if you haven’t already done so for the day.
**In order to follow these directions correctly you MUST be in PowerSchool ONLINE.
The Pinchbeck teachers are showing their spirit and talent in this incredible mash-up dance video created for Talent Show 2017! Who would have guessed they have as much fun dancing as they do teaching the awesome students at Pinchbeck? 🙂
Talent Show 2017 from Amy Holzbach on Vimeo.
Use this infograph to determine if you can use a site with your students!