Classroom School Counseling Lessons

The purpose of Springfield Park’s school counseling program is to help students succeed academically, developmentally, and socially.  I help provide this by teaching classroom lessons to grades K-5 throughout the school year.  Each classroom will have my school counseling lesson twice a month.  I provide lessons on topics such as, Friendship, Character Education(kindness, honesty, fairness, responsibility, respect, & caring), Anger Management, Team Building and many more.

Individual Counseling

Individual counseling is available to students at the request of the students, parents and teachers.  If you would like for me to talk with your child individually, please fill out a permission sheet from your child’s teacher, call #527-4630, or email jdwoody@henrico.k12.va.us.  I am here for all students.

Consultation

Consultation will be with parents and teachers to discuss problems or issues which might be disrupting academic achievement, and to plan strategies to increase learning.

Group Counseling

Group counseling is available to all students and may also be requested by parents and teachers.  Parental permission letters are sent home prior to group participation.  Here are some ideas for group this year: Changing families group, Self-Control Patrol group, Anger group, Friendship group.  The current groups offered will also be noted in my Monthly Counselor Newsletter to Parents.