“Throw Kindness like Confetti!” Kindness Week-Jan. 29th-Feb. 2nd

We are excited to celebrate Kindness all month long!  In addition to Kindness month in January, we are celebrating Kindness Week, January 29th-February 2nd.  Studies have indicated that promoting kindness in youth promotes self-confidence, optimism, leadership and increased happiness.  To celebrate kindness week, we are having a classroom confetti decorating activity to be displayed in the main hallway highlighting our motto this month “Throw Kindness like Confetti!” In addition to the confetti piece, large sheets of paper will be displayed in each of the hallways with post-it notes for students to write down an act of kindness they witnessed.  Also, each day of the week help your child show an act of kindness.  Classroom teachers will be watching students who show the act of kindness during the day and will send me names.  Those names will be put in for a prize drawing at the end of the week.  You never know who is watching! J Below is the schedule:

Monday, January 23rd Give a High Five Day
Tuesday, January 24th Give a Compliment Day
Wednesday, January 25th Say “Thank You” to Someone
Thursday, January 26th Help a Friend or Teacher Day
Friday, January 27th Give Someone a Hug Day