ZONES OF REGULATION

ZONES OF REGULATION

We are beginning a new school wide emotional self awareness program at Springfield Park.  It is called the ZONES OF REGULATION.  It asks students “WHICH ZONE ARE YOU IN?”

• Blue Zone-feeling sad, sick, tired, sleepy, bored
  • Yellow Zone-feeling nervous, anxious, silly, excited, talkative
  • Red Zone-mad, angry, frustrated
  • Green Zone-happy, content, calm, “good to go”, ready to learn

Students are being taught in classroom lessons about the zones and what they are.  They are learning that the GREEN ZONE is the zone we want you to be in at school: in the classrooms, hallways, art, music, PE, library and guidance times.  It is okay to be in the other zones, but be aware of it and modify your feelings to be in the green zone.  We will be teaching strategies to help students regulate back into the green zone.  The zones will be touched on several times throughout the school year.

Below is a picture of our bulletin board to help students at school.