March is all about Friendship and No Name-Calling Week

This month we are going to celebrate friends with classroom lessons about friendship,  morning announcements about friendship and students will participate in a school wide month of making new friends and keeping old friends.

No Name-Calling Week is March 13-17

I am challenging students not to call anyone a name for the entire week.  In each hallway at school, there will be a sheet of paper for students to write all the good names they like to be called.  Could be their first name, middle name, or nickname and also names of encouragement like “beautiful” or “sweetie”.  There will also be an essay contest during No Name-Calling Week.  Students (who want to participate) may write a quick sentence or sentences on why it’s important not to call anyone names.  A winner in grades K-2 and 3-5 will be announced at the end of the week.  Good luck to all those who want to participate!  It’s going to be a fun week!  Challenge your child at home as well. 🙂