January is Kindness Month

January is Kindness Month

Springfield Park is recognizing Kindness the whole month of January.

Our motto this month is “It’s COOL to be Kind!”

Mrs. Tate and myself will be teaching lessons on character education all this month and starting with Kindness.  Students will be getting a sheet of “kindness coupons” to cut out and place in the school for others to find.  On the back of the kindness coupons students will write kind words such as, “you are special”, “you are kind”, “smile”, “have a great day”.  This is a great way to promote kindness in the school and get kids involved in showing kindness to others.

January 23-27 is kindness week.  Students will have a poster contest with the kindness theme and we will have a spirit day everyday that week honoring kindness like a “High five day” or “Give a compliment day”.

Kindness coupons will be given to students to hide throughout the school to spread kindness to everyone.  The kindness coupons can be hidden in classrooms, backpacks, lunchboxes, library books, centers, etc… Spread the kindness!