November is Tattling Vs. Telling Month

November is Tattling Vs. Telling Month

“Don’t Squeal, Unless It’s a Big Deal!”  That is our motto this month for our students in grades K-3

Students are learning about tattling and the difference between tattling and telling.  Tattling is when problems are small and can be handled by yourself.  Telling is when problems are a big deal and a teacher needs to know.

Tattling                                                                                                  Telling

Trying to get someone in trouble                                                   It’s an emergency

kid-sized problem                                                                              Adult-sized problem

worrying about others instead of yourselves                                You or someone you see if getting hurt/harmed or in                                                                                                                      danger

Think before you Speak T-it is true? H-is is helpful? I-is it inspiring? N- it necessary? K-is it kind?  This is our motto for 4th & 5th graders.  They are to ask themselves this question before saying something mean or hurtful to others.  They have also learned how to use an “I” message:

I feel___________________________  when you_____________________________ please_________________.