October is Bully Prevention Month

October is Bully Prevention Month

OCTOBER IS BULLY PREVENTION MONTH!

This October our school will focus on Bully Prevention.  Our motto for this month is “BE A HERO!”  H-elping

E-veryone R-espect O-thers!  We are encouraging all students to be a hero and stand up to bullies.

Each classroom K-5 will have classroom lessons on bullying.  Students will learn what bullying is, what to do about it and how to help.  Also, bully forms are put next to the counselor mailbox for students to fill out if they witness bullying or are being bullied.

During the week of October 17-21st– Each classroom will receive a paper hero cut out and will decorate as a hero saying not to bullying.  These superheros will be displayed on the walls of the mail hallway.  They will be judged and a winner will be announced on the 21st for grades K-2 and 3-5.  The winning classes will receive a special treat and extra recess, Yay!

On Wednesday, October 19th students and teachers can wear a super hero shirt to celebrate bully prevention month.