Sprinting Springers-Running Club

Sprinting Springers-Running Club

For the month of May, I put together a running club for interested 4th graders.  About 20-25 4th graders came out every Wednesday and Thursday from 2:30-3:30 to learn and run.  Running club was a program that developed leadership, built confidence and enhanced character through fitness and peer-relationships.

Each week students learned a different lesson on Respect, Responsibility, Courage and Determination.  We learned these through group activities, videos, and group discussion. Our motto was “I will be respectful and responsible with my words and actions.”   All of this while learning to run 1 mile, 2 miles and eventually 3 miles!

Our final goal was to complete a 5k race.  We ran the Bubble Run 5k which was at the Richmond International Raceway.  The pictures are below.  WE HAD A FUN TIME!

Thanks to the parents of those 4th graders and to the following teachers: Ms. Blackburn, Mrs. Lopez, Ms. Petree, Ms. Staib, Mrs. Hilton, Ms. Atkins, Ms. Heiberg, and Mrs. Lang.

bubble run IMG_2449 IMG_2472 IMG_2452  IMG_2458