“Mix it Up” Day

“Mix it Up” Day

Mix It Up day is a national campaign launched by Teaching Tolerance over a decade ago.  Mix It Up day at lunch encourages students to identify, question cross social boundaries.

Springfield Park will celebrate Mix It Up day this Friday, Oct. 30th from 10:30-11:30 am in the cafeteria.  This time is during 1st & 2nd grade lunches.  Each 1st and 2nd grade student will enter the cafeteria and pick a color from the basket.  They will sit and that color table and have conversations with students they do not know.  On each table will be some popsicle sticks with conversation starters on them.  For example, “what is your favorite movie”, or “where is your favorite place to vacation”.  The students will use these sticks to ask each other the question and start fun conversations.   I will be taking pictures of students interacting with one another and posting them on my blog and Springfield Park website.

This should be a fun lunch time!