Family Access to Schoology
Parent Access to Schoology
We’re excited to be using Schoology in all of our secondary and elementary schools this year! Parents of secondary students in grades 6 – 12 are encouraged to sign up for a Schoology parent account. By signing up for a parent account you will have the option to receive a daily or weekly email digest alerting you to any important classroom updates. In order to sign up for a parent account you will need to register for a free Schoology account and enter your child’s Schoology access code. Your child’s access code is provided to you securely via. the PowerSchool Parent portal.
- Log into the PowerSchool Parent Portal Account – Directions for setting up a PowerSchool Parent Account
- Copy the Schoology Parent Code from PowerSchool – Located in the left column of PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Sign up with for a Parent Account using Parent Access Code – Directions for accessing Schoology
- Parent codes will remain active throughout the years as your child progresses through different grades
- *Student Credentials Note: Username (hcps-, and does not change) and current Password (it will change every 5 months)
- *Tip: To log into Schoology from home, it is recommended that families log out of other Google accounts, such as personal Gmail, so that the accounts do not conflict with secure login systems (ADFS/F5 Network), which use students Google login to authenticate the user is who they say they are.
- Involve your child in assisting with logging into Schoology. They can be a great knowledge base!
- Recommend that families use the HCPS Dell laptop provided when logging in, as the experience is more predictable.
- Report login issues to a designated point person at the school.
- Documentation to help families navigate this new experience.