Principal’s Message

DrCrowderGreetings and welcome!

It is my honor and privilege to assume the role of principal and instructional leader of Highland Springs Technical Center for the 2013-2014 school year.  I have had the pleasure of working in Henrico County Public Schools for the past nine years as a teacher and administrator.  I most recently served as the associate principal at Fairfield Middle School.  I am a former student and teacher of the Technical Center, and I am very excited to return as principal.

The mission of Highland Springs Technical Center is to provide a relevant and rigorous educational training experience for our students in order to prepare them to successfully transition to postsecondary education or gainful employment.  The Highland Springs Technical Center offers industry standard certifications and college dual enrollment options in many of our programs that make our students immediately marketable in the industry.

The faculty members at Highland Springs Technical Center are each experts in their respective fields.  Our top priority is to provide our students with quality instruction and hands-on experience so that our students have the background knowledge it takes to be successful in their field.  The expectation is that all of our students will be successful and therefore, our staff holds the students very accountable as we adhere to the Henrico County Public Schools Code of Student Conduct.

Please feel free to contact me or any member of the administrative team here at Highland Springs Technical Center.  We are here to assist you and create a relevant and unsurpassed educational environment for your child.  We look forward to working with you and your student as we prepare for our 2013-2014 school year, focused on “Learning That Works.”

Sincerely,

William J. Crowder Jr., Ed.D.

Principal