Investing in the education of Henrico’s children through HEF is one of the best ways to impact our community.
Why do Henrico schools need my support?
- Henrico County has experienced a 78% growth in poverty in just 10 years – with the fastest rate of growth in the western end of the county.
- Over 40% of Henrico children live in poverty.
- Enrollment levels in K, 1st and 3rd are the largest on record.
- Many challenged schools do not enjoy viable parent organizations to provide field trip costs, classroom materials and supplies and after school enrichment.
How can I help?
There are a variety of ways—either give a financial donation or volunteer. Everyone has something valuable to offer.
Financially support students by giving directly, through United Way, planned giving and AmazonSmile. Sponsorships are available in the fall through the Tee-Off for Education Golf Tournament. Contact Jay Shively, director of development, for further fundraising opportunities.
Your donation could fund:
• Extended classroom learning opportunities for students in need
• Innovative instructional grants in classrooms across the county
• The Leader in Me at 5 elementary schools
• After school STEM enrichment activities
Your volunteer efforts could provide:
• Countywide Challenger Day for exceptional education students
• School supplies for hundreds of students in need
• Speakers for HEF’s eastern Henrico leadership program or Leader in Me
• Opportunities to share your professional expertise with students