The Henrico Education Foundation (HEF) is seeking a program management professional who believes strong schools make strong communities. HEF supports the Henrico County Public Schools (HCPS), the sixth largest school district in the Commonwealth, serving 51,000 students in 72 educational facilities from diverse neighborhoods including suburban, rural and urban communities.
HEF’s work in support of HCPS is more important than ever as principals and teachers look for new instructional strategies and approaches to improve public schools and ignite student learning. Founded in 1993 as a public-private partnership with the school district, HEF serves as a catalyst to create innovation, identify research-based solutions, replicate best practices in additional classrooms, and connect key partnerships with public schools. Our mission is to strengthen public education by advancing innovative programs and initiatives designed to improve student achievement. HEF funds creative instructional approaches with strong academic goals that directly address the opportunity gap and provides resources for teachers impacting the most challenged students.
The Program Officer position will oversee and manage HEF’s Community Learning Center (CLC – A Full Service Community School Strategy) Initiative in partnership with the HCPS. The position will be responsible for the implementation, supervision, and coordination of community partnerships, programs, and services in targeted CLC schools and communities. This position reports directly to the Executive Director, but will have close working relationships with the Program Officer for Innovation & Educational Initiatives and the Chief Development Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading and managing the Community Learning Center (CLC) Initiative and planning and implementing program development;
- Work in partnership with CLC stakeholders and HCPS staff to identify strategies and develop tools and professional development opportunities to advance the service provider network for each school;
- Coordinate programming and community partnerships with CLC site coordinators, program staff an HCPS staff/teachers;
- Develop expectations and protocols for CLC service providers in conjunction with HCPS leadership;
- Manage service provider selection protocols and contractual obligations;
- Conduct formal and informal training with service provider network as needed;
- Oversee CLC reporting including data management and development of reporting requirements to evaluate performance of programming and individual service providers;
- Manage and lead grant writing for the CLC initiative, identify necessary financial resources and coordinate efforts to secure and maintain funding;
- Oversee annual CLC budget preparation and ensure systems are developed to provide oversight and management of financial resources, reporting to funders and granting agencies;
- Create reports reflecting the financial status of CLC funds and provide CLC stakeholders with regular funding and budget updates;
- Conduct joint planning and decision making with colleagues who carry responsibility for related programs in other departments;
- Represent HEF and the CLC Initiative at public forums, including local school board meetings, community meetings, events and conferences;
- Actively participate as a positive member of the HEF team, meeting or exceeding team standards, including but not limited to the following:
- Contribute willingly to every “all hands” projects and special events,
- Attend and contribute to all staff meetings and other foundation events.
- Assist program staff with reporting and grant administration.
- Attend site committee, HCPS district committee, departmental and committee meetings and trainings as directed;
- Engage in job-related travel to designated meetings and events;
- Assure the quality of the programming through regular site visits, program evaluation, staff training, program development, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work nights and weekends on occasion as required
- Must be able to work positively and professionally with a wide range of personalities
- Must have a keen eye for detail, accuracy and consistency
- Use independent judgment to prioritize tasks and direct projects
- Possess excellent organization and multi-tasking skills
- Must be able to recognize confidential information and maintain confidentiality
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills including decision making and problem solving abilities
- Proven leadership skills; highly effective manager
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills; ability to take initiative, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize effectively and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Job Type: Full Time – 40 hours per week
- Reports to: Executive Director
- Salary: Competitive, commensurate with experience and other qualifications
- Job Location: Richmond/Henrico, County VA
- The Foundation works year-round and does not follow Henrico County Public Schools summer hours.
- Deadline: Open until filled
- For more information about the Henrico Education Foundation, please visit www.henricogives.org
- How to apply: Interested individuals should send a letter of interest and resume to Mike Taylor, Executive Director, email@example.com