- The Specialty Center Application for Henrico County Public Schools is now available!
- All students will complete the application online. Once you get the application, take your time and present yourself in the best light possible. The committee reads everything you write, and your responses are very important.
- Non HCPS students will need to register for standardized testing. (Click on the “Private School Testing” tab on the application page.
- You can find specific information about the APPLICATION PROCESS at this link.
- The entire application will be submitted in January. Some middle school guidance departments will help students compile applications; check with your school counselor about their policy and deadlines for submission.
- Part of the application process is a standardized test which is administered at local middle schools. All HCPS middle school students take the test, so there is no need to worry about registration. Students not currently enrolled in an HCPS school will register for the standardized test to be administered in January. Contact Mr. Peck at 673-3700 or at email@example.com if you have questions.
Each Session starts at 7:00pm
Highland Springs High School September 27, 2017
Freeman High School October 3, 2017
Glen Allen High School October 10, 2017
Hermitage High School October 18, 2017
All 8th graders and their parents are invited to attend one of the Specialty Center Information Sessions listed above. Please attend the session that is most convenient for you. All sessions are the same and will give information about all of the specialty centers that Henrico County Public Schools has to offer.
Prospective students and parents are encouraged to learn more about the Leadership Center program by coming to our Open House on December 5, 2017. The program will begin at 7:00. At that event you will have an opportunity to meet current students and faculty, hear about the program in detail, and ask any questions that you might have. We hope to see you there.
For the 2017/2018 school year:
- Specialty Center Student Timeline
- November 20, 2017 – Application will be available online
- November 20, 2017 – Private School testing registration will open
- January 12, 2018 – Application deadline for students
- January 4, 2018 – Private School Testing Registration Deadline
- January 27, 2018 – Center for Spanish Language and Global Citizenship Testing
- February 3, 2018 – Auditions for Center for the Arts
- March 9, 2018 – Students provided online access to check application status/acceptance
- March 23, 2018 – Deadline for applicants to declare intent or accept waitlist offers online. Students may accept one center and one waitlist. Students may remain on one waitlist until March 30.
- March 30, 2018 – All students being offered a spot from the wait list must inform specialty center chairs of their intent to accept an offer of admission.