- The Specialty Center Application for Henrico County Public Schools is now available!
- Current HCPS students will complete the application online. Once you get the application, take your time and present yourself in the best light possible. The committee reads everything you write, and your responses are very important.
- Resident, non-HCPS students will download a hard copy of the application and deliver directly to the Specialty Center(s) to which they are applying.
- Non HCPS students will need to register for standardized testing. (Click on the “Private School Testing” tab on the application page.
- You can find specific information about the APPLICATION PROCESS at this link.
- The entire application will be submitted in January. Some middle school guidance departments will help students compile applications; check with your school counselor about their policy and deadlines for submission.
- Part of the application process is a standardized test which is administered at local middle schools. All HCPS middle school students take the test, so there is no need to worry about registration. Students not currently enrolled in an HCPS school will register for the standardized test to be administered in January. Contact Mr. Peck at 673-3700 or at email@example.com if you have questions.
Each Session starts at 7:00pm
Varina High School, September 26, 2018
Henrico High School October 4, 2018
Douglas Freeman High School October 9, 2018
J.R. Tucker High School October 15, 2018
All 8th graders and their parents are invited to attend one of the Specialty Center Information Sessions listed above. Please attend the session that is most convenient for you. All sessions are the same and will give information about all of the specialty centers that Henrico County Public Schools has to offer.
Prospective students and parents are encouraged to learn more about the Leadership Center program by coming to our Open House on November 27, 2018. The program will begin at 7:00. At that event you will have an opportunity to meet current students and faculty, hear about the program in detail, and ask any questions that you might have. We hope to see you there.
For the 2018/2019 school year:
- Specialty Center Student Timeline
- November 19, 2018– Application will be available online
- November 19, 2018 – Private School testing registration will open
- January 11, 2019 – Application deadline for students
- January 7, 2019 – Private School Testing Registration Deadline
- March 8, 2019 – Students provided online access to check application status/acceptance
- March 22, 2019 – Deadline for applicants to declare intent or accept waitlist offers online. Students may accept one center and one waitlist. Students may remain on one waitlist until March 30.
- March 29, 2019 – All students being offered a spot from the wait list must inform specialty center chairs of their intent to accept an offer of admission.