We want to wish a very happy February birthday to Eduardo, Divyataa, and Kendall! If your child is participating in our class valentine exchange, please send those in on Thursday, Feb. 14th. Report cards will come home on Monday! You may keep the hard copy of the report card, however please sign and return the yellow envelope on Tuesday.
- LIbrary news- fill out the Flying Squirrels reading bookmark for a free ticket to the Squirrels game on April 18th! It’s a lot of fun and the kids get to parade on the field! I have been the last several years and it is a fun night for all!
- We will have our 2nd Young Scientist lesson this coming Friday on Matter!
- A bright pink permission slip came home on Friday. This contains the information about the First Grade Performance at the Multi-Cultural Museum on Thursday, February 21. Please let us know if your child is able to attend.
- Scholastic book orders for February are due February 15th.
Math: Fractions of a whole and fractions of a set
Language Arts: Plot vs Theme (the moral of the story)
Sight words for the week: friend, little, how, do, there
Writing: finishing our Multi-cultural projects
Social Studies: Presidents Day and famous Virginians review
- February 18 is now a full day of school
- February 21 – Multicultural Museum – first grade will also be performing!
Thank you to Mrs. Johnson, our PTA President, for coming to our class and teaching us about Chinese New Year! Happy Year of the Pig to all!