Friday 4/12 – Reading MAPS
Wednesday 4/17 – Math MAPS
Thursday 4/18 – Field Trip to the Capitol
Friday 4/19 – Career Day – see note from Mrs. Shaia below
Monday 4/22 – No School
Tuesday 4/23 – Report Cards go home
- We began our unit on measurement with customary and metric length. Today we converted inches to feet to yards to miles. This unit also includes customary capacity, and both customary and metric weight.
- A measurement test will be given on Thursday, 4/18.
Language Arts –
- Vocabulary – we will build vocabulary several ways.
- Word of the Week: Students are asked to use desolate in written and spoken word.
- Greek/Latin stems: people: demos, populus
- Wordly Wise – Lesson 16
- Reading –
- Skill – review all strategies
- summarizing important details from non-fiction material
Virginia Studies – VS9 – 20th Century
We began our final Virginia Studies unit this week. Over the next two weeks, we will be discussing:
- advances in technology
- important world leaders with connections to Virginia (Woodrow Wilson and George Marshall)
- Civil Rights movement and leaders
- Virginia Firsts: Maggie Walker, Arthur Ashe, Douglas Wilder
- Virginia Government Today
A unit test will be administered on Tuesday 4/23.