Wednesday 3/6 – Electricity Test
Thursday 3/14 – Pamplin Park Field Trip
Friday 3/15 – PI Day celebration- a day late due to field trip…email with information and link to sign up to serve and/or donate a pie
Friday 4/19 – Career Day – see note from Mrs. Shaia below
- Decimals – Our decimals unit concludes this week. We will begin our unit on Geometry at the end of the week.
Language Arts –
- Vocabulary – we will build vocabulary several ways.
- Word of the Week: Students are asked to use thwart in written and spoken word.
- Greek/Latin stems: numbers 1-10
- Wordly Wise – Lesson 13
- Reading –
- Skill – Author’s Purpose in fiction and poetry
- Types of Poetry quiz Thursday – notes in Reading notebook
- Figurative Language
- Writing –
- Writing Original Poems and scientist essay.
SCIENCE: 4.3 Electricity
Watts Up?! After an introduction on atoms, students learned that static electricity is the exchange of electrons from negatively charted objects. We will be learning that electricity is produced from the moving of electrons through a closed circuit. This unit includes types of circuits and important scientists who worked with electricity (Franklin, Edison, Lattimer, and Faraday).
This unit concludes this Friday with a unit test scheduled Wednesday 3/6.
Virginia Studies – VS7 – Civil War begins next week
Items of Interest
KES Career Festival, Sponsored by Karen Shaia, School Counselor
Calling all available workers to share their vast expertise from the World of Work!
DATE: Friday, 4/19 TIME: 8:00-10:45 AM
PLACE: KES Student Classrooms or Presentations in the Gym, or Work Vehicles in the Bus Loop
This year presenters will speak with students for 15 minutes during rotations and share materials and equipment they use on their jobs. Your role would be to help students understand the importance education plays in determining your career choice. Please consider being part of our Kaechele Career Day Festival. If interested, then please sign up using this link Career Day 2019; http://goo.gl/forms/nQfxcMyFjA. If you have any questions, then email Mrs. Shaia at email@example.com.