Wednesday 2/6 – Fab Vocab Quiz
Wednesday 2/6 – Fractions Test
Thursday 2/7 – Greek/Latin stems quiz
Thursday 2/7 – Conferences
Friday 2/8 – Young Scientist visit
Monday 2/18 – is now a FULL day of school
- Fractions – This unit will conclude next with with a Fractions test on Wednesday 2/6. This unit includes equivalent fractions, simplifying using GCF, comparing, ordering, and using the LCM to add and subtract fractions with unlike denominators, including mixed numbers.
- For enrichment we will be multiplying and dividing fractions and relating them to decimals and percentages
Language Arts –
- Vocabulary – we will build vocabulary several ways.
- Word of the Week: Students are asked to use disheveled in written and spoken word.
- Greek/Latin stems: quiz on words 1-41 on Thursday
- Fab Five words – quiz on week 10 on Wednesday.
- Wordly Wise – Lesson 12 with a quiz on Friday 2/08
- Reading –
- Skill – Author’s Purpose in fiction and poetry
- Figurative Language
- Writing –
- Color Poem
- Pen Pal letters
SCIENCE: 4.2 Force and Motion
May the Force be With You!! This unit is a continuation of third grade Simple Machines. Students will explore force, motion, and energy. We will be layering these familiar concepts with potential and kinetic energy, inertia, and unseen forces such as gravity. We will also learn about Sir Issac Newton’s three laws of energy.
This unit includes a lesson with the Young Scientist