Wednesday 1/23 – Reading Benchmark Part 1
Thursday 1/24 – Reading Benchmark Part 2
Wednesday 1/30 – Math Benchmark Part 1
Thursday 1/31 – Math Benchmark Part 2
Thursday 1/31 – International Festival – see details below
Friday 2/1 – World Read Aloud Day – read below for important information from Mrs. Patterson
Thursday 2/7 – Conferences
Monday 2/18 – is now a FULL day of school
- Fractions – Students will be learning about equivalent fractions this week. They will learn to simplify fractions using GCF or greatest common factor. They will also be comparing fractions and ordering them on a number line.
Language Arts –
- Vocabulary – we will build vocabulary several ways.
- Word of the Week: Students are asked to use fabricate in written and spoken word.
- Greek/Latin stems: manus(hands) digitus (fingers) and pedis (feet)
- Fab Five words – quiz on week 8 words tomorrow. superior, inferior, retrieve, scamper, douse
- Wordly Wise – Lesson 1-10 Review – test Friday
- Reading –
- Skill – Comprehension Strategies Review
- Writing –
- Mentor Sentences
VIRGINIA STUDIES – VS5 – Revolutionary War
This week we will focus on Virginia’s Role in the American Revolution. We will be learning about George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Patrick Henry, James Armistead Lafayette as well as general groups of Virginians. We will also learn about important battles fought in Virginia.
Items of Interest
World Read Aloud Day is Friday, February 1st. KES coyotes will be making Global Connections Through Reading during an assembly on that day and then in their classrooms throughout the month of February. To prepare for our assembly, I am asking each and every KES family to share ONE picture of your family reading together and send that picture to your child(ren)’s teacher. The pictures will be used in a slide show that will be shared during our assembly. Our goal is to have every child in every classroom represented in the slide show. Please help us showcase how much we love reading, and especially reading aloud, at KES!
SAVE THE DATE: Thursday, January 31st; 5:30-7:00 PM, Kaechele’s Annual International Festival
We are asking families to sponsor a “booth” to share their personal connections and/or interests in a country from around our globe. Help our KES coyotes become Global Citizens and become active participants in a larger society by building global awareness and demonstrating respect for fellow community members. If interested in hosting a booth or volunteering in some aspect during this event, then please contact Ramnita Sanduramnita_sandhu@yahoo.com or Parnita Singh firstname.lastname@example.org