Thursday 12/6 – 4.4 Computation Unit Test
Thursday 12/13 – KES Music Fest at 6:30
Tuesday 12/18 – Winter Party
Wednesday 12/19 – Last Day of School before Winter Break
- 4.2 Computation – We will be reviewing this week. A unit test will be administered Thursday.
- addition and subtraction of numbers to the millions place,
- multiplying 3 digit x 2 digit numbers,
- long division with 3 digit dividends and quotients with remainders (not decimals),
- word problems
- Enrichment – Order of Operations
Language Arts –
- Vocabulary – we will build vocabulary several ways.
- Word of the Week: Students are asked to use infinitesimal in written and spoken word.
- Greek/Latin stems: astron and stella (star), terra and geo (earth)
- Fab Five words – arduous, effortless, exhilarated, orderly, parched. (words are received on Wednesday and quizzed the following Wednesday)
- Wordly Wise Lesson 9. Quiz on Friday 12/7
- Reading –
- Skill – Making Inferences
- Comprehension strategies – Compare/Contrast and Inference
- Writing –
- Friendly Letters
SCIENCE – 4.7 Solar System and 4.8 Earth/Sun/Moon
We will finish our Solar System unit on Tuesday. On Wednesday we will begin SOL 4.8 the Earth, Sun, and Moon relationships. This unit studies the cause and effect relationships between the three . During this unit the students will understand what causes night/day, the 4 seasons, the phases of the moon, and eclipses. The students will also learn about 4 famous astronomers who studied these relationships. A combined 4.7 and 4.8 test will be given Tuesday 12/18.
FIRE SAFETY –
Fires Safety Quiz on Wednesday 12/5. On Friday December 7, students will practice escaping from the “Safety House”.
Items of Interest
Celebrate the holidays and upcoming winter break by attending the KES Winter Music Fest, Thursday, December 13th @ 6:30pm in our gym! Enjoy an evening of song and merriment as our talented musicians, singers and dancers perform songs from the great American holiday songs collection, which you can be certain will warm your heart and put a smile on your face. That’s Thursday, December 13th @ 6:30pm in our gym and dress for the party!