Wednesday 11/14 – VS3 Jamestown Unit Test
Friday 11/16 – Computation Quiz including long division
Thursday 11/20 – Greek/Latin stems quiz (1-20)
Tuesday 11/20 – SCA Spirit Day – wear your favorite team jersey
– Report Cards go home
Wednesday 11/21 – Thanksgiving Break Begin
Monday 12/3 – PTA fundraiser at Ashland Skateland
- 4.2 Computation – Does McDonald’s Serve Cheese Burgers?? We have started long division with remainders. Ask your child to explain this mnemonic to you. Please review long division with your child.
- In addition we will learn about the Order of Operations
- Enrichment – pre-Algebra with Hands On Equations
Language Arts –
- Vocabulary – we will build vocabulary several ways.
- Word of the Week: Students are asked to use zany in written and spoken word.
- Greek/Latin stems:
- Fab Five words
- Wordly Wise Lesson 7. Quiz on Friday 11/16
- Reading –
- Skill – Making Inferences
- Comprehension strategies (highlighting answers within the passage)
- Writing –
- Mentor Sentences
SOCIAL STUDIES –
VS3 Jamestown – This unit will conclude with a test Wednesday 11/14/18
VS4 Colonial Life – This 4 day unit begins this week and will be finished before Thanksgiving Holiday. It covers life in the colonial between 1643 and 1776. Virginia became dependent on agriculture and slave labor. Vocabulary words such as barter, credit, capital, capitol, consumer, producer, enslaved, etc. During this time period, the capital of Virginia changed from Jamestown to Williamsburg.
FIRE SAFETY –
We will have our 2nd and 3rd lessons with Firefighter Roger this week. Students are to discuss a family meeting place in the event of a fire and to create an escape plan from each floor of your house. In December they will practice escaping from the “Safety House”.