Friday 11/9 – Veteran’s Day Assembly at 9:00 am. Remember to wear Red, White and Blue
Wednesday 11/14 – VS3 Jamestown Unit Test
Tuesday 11/20 – Report Cards go home
- 4.2 Computation – This week will review division facts and how they relate to multiplication. Next week we will begin long division with remainders.
- In addition we will do several extensions including Pascal’s Triangle and Order of Operations
- Enrichment – pre-Algebra with Hands On Equations
Language Arts –
- Vocabulary – we will build vocabulary several ways.
- Word of the Week: Students are asked to use Congregate and industrious in written and spoken word.
- Greek/Latin stems: ad (toward) as in advance; prae/pro (before)
- Fab Five words that will include synonyms and antonyms study. Students will use these 5 words in sentences: luminous, murky, peruse, congregate, dread. Quiz on Friday 11/9
- Wordly Wise Lesson 6. Quiz on Thursday 11/8
- Reading –
- Skill – Making Inferences
- Comprehension strategies (highlighting answers within the passage)
- Writing –
- Friendly letters to a Veteran
- Pen Pals from Tuckahoe
- Finish writing our own Harris Burdick story
SOCIAL STUDIES –
VS3 Jamestown – This 2 week unit covers Royal Charters, the reasons for settling in the New World, reasons for choosing Jamestown site, hardships & successes and how the American Indians helped the colony to survive. This week we will learn about government which includes the official Charters from King James and the first democratic government in the United States. We will finish this Friday 11/9 and review for a few minutes each day next week. This unit concludes with a test on Wednesday 11/14.
VS4 Colonial Life – This 4 day unit begins next Tuesday and will be finished before Thanksgiving Holiday.