Friday 10/26 – Weather Unit Test
Tuesday 10/30 – Weather Project Due
Friday 10/26 – Technology Lesson with Mr. C on chromebooks
Friday 11/9 – Veteran’s Day Assembly
- 4.2 Computation –This week we begin multiplication. After reviewing basic strategies students will learn to multiply 2 digit by 2 digit numbers and 3 digit by 2 digit numbers.
- Enrichment – Pre-Algebra with Hands On Equations
Language Arts –
- Vocabulary – we will build vocabulary several ways.
- Word of the Week: Students are asked to use lollygag in written and spoken word.
- Greek/Latin stems: Phone and Sonus
- Fab Five words that will include synonyms and antonyms study. Students will use these 5 words in sentences: impede, advance, perilous, divulge, glisten Quiz on Wednesday 10/34
- Wordly Wise Lesson 5. Quiz on Friday 10/26
- Reading – Author’s Purpose
- Comprehension Strategies: Main Idea/Detail and Sequence
- Understanding unfamiliar words by using the clues withing the passage
- Writing –
- Mentoring Sentences in which students dissect a well written sentence.
- Daily Dazzle
- students will practice writing 2 paragraph essays.
4.6. WEATHER – During this unit, students will learn about conditions that affect temperature; air mass; front systems, weather instruments (including reading a weather map), and storms. We had a great visit with the Young Scientists today. This unit will conclude with unit test on 10/26.