Friday 10/12 – Young Scientist in the classroom AND Fall Festival – 4:30 – 7 pm
Friday 10/19 – Fall Pictures
- 4.2 Computation – This week we will be working on adding, subtracting, and estimating with large numbers. Students will also work on multi-step word problems.
- Enrichment – Pre-Algebra with Hands On Equations
Language Arts –
- Vocabulary – we will build vocabulary several ways.
- Word of the Week: Students are asked to use CLARIFY in written and spoken word.
- Greek/Latin stems with Thesis (put,place) and Kinesis (movement)
- Fab Five words that will include synonyms and antonyms study. Students will use these 5 words in sentences Quiz on Thursday 10/11
- No Wordly Wise this week
- Reading – Context Clues
- Comprehension Strategies: Main Idea/Detail
- Understanding unfamiliar words by using the clues withing the passage
- Writing –
- Mentoring Sentences in which students dissect a well written sentence.
- Daily Dazzle
- students will practice writing 2 paragraph essays.
4.6. WEATHER – During this unit, students will learn about conditions that affect temperature; air mass; front systems, weather instruments (including reading a weather map), and storms