Thursday 9/13 Math and Science quizzes – given a day early due to the emergency closing of school on Friday
Friday 9/14 – School Cancelled
Wednesday 9/19 – Half-Day Dismissal 11:00
Thursday 9/20 Rescheduled Back to School Night 6:30-8:00
Friday 9/21 – Peace Day
- 4.14 Graphing – Students will read, interpret, and create both line graphs and bar graphs. They need to understand that line graphs are used to show a change over time. There will be a quiz on Thursday 9/13 with 15 multiple choice questions and 2 performance questions that require students turn data into an appropriate graph. ***This is a change due to the emergency closing of school***
Language Arts –
- Vocabulary – we will build vocabulary several ways.
- Word of the Week: Students are asked to use BIZARRE in written and spoken word.
- Greek/Latin stems with PHOTOS (light) and Graph (write)
- Fab Five words that will include synonyms and antonyms study. Students will use these 5 words in sentences: sluggish, rapid, brace, meek, sassy
- Reading –
- Socratic Seminar where students practice being active, supportive listeners during round table discussions
- Comprehension Strategies: Monitoring Comprehension
- Reference materials – for what information do we use a dictionary, thesaurus, encyclopedia, or atlas?
- Writing –
- This week we will introduce students to Daily Dazzle. This weekly program includes questions on plurals, possessives, sentence type, synonyms, capitalization, editing, grammar, simple/compound sentences, etc.
- students will practice writing 2 paragraph essays.
4.1 Scientific Investigation – through a variety of hands on activities, students will learn vocabulary such as variables, constants, qualitative vs quantitative data, etc. This one-week unit will conclude with a quiz on Thursday. ***This is a change due to the emergency school closing on Friday***