Comparing and Equivalent Fractions (Flipped Classroom)

By Thursday, you should look at the following videos that have a * by them. The others are extras. We are starting to get into more complex fraction work, so you might have to watch the videos a couple of times until they make sense. Remember the point of the flipped classroom is so you learn the concepts by watching these videos, and then we can build on that knowledge and help it make sense at school. If you are not spending time working on this at home, it will be very difficult to work on this here at school.

*Equivalent Fractions Introduction

Equivalent Fractions Word Problem

*Least Common Multiple (LCM)

Comparing Fractions using lowest terms
(a little advanced in explanation)

*Comparing Fractions simplifying and finding a common denominator to compare

Fractions in Lowest Terms simplifying/reducing fractions
(a little advanced in explanation, but shows the concept)

*Ordering Fractions (finding the common denominators of multiple fractions to order them)

To respond to this blog post, please simply state what was difficult for you to understand, what was easier to understand, and any questions you have. Please be specific so I can help you! All responses must be submitted by the start of school on Thursday.

This entry was posted in Math. Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to Comparing and Equivalent Fractions (Flipped Classroom)

1. Ellie F says:

Mrs. Doyle, I watched the videos but do not see any questions. Do we need to answer any questions for Thursday?

• Mrs. Doyle says:

Hi Ellie! There is a section at the bottom of that blog post (in bold) that lists the question. I have pasted it below so you can see it again:

2. Danny says:

Nothing was difficult for me because I am comfortable with adding subtracting fractions and all that stuff.

3. Ayden says:

I don’t understand how X works with equivalent fractions. I get how you find the least common multiple. How does X work with equivalent fractions.

Ayden

4. Nikolas says:

One of the difficult things was ordering fractions because the way he explained it was a little complicated.I under stood every thing else though.