Thursday 3/21 – Civil War Test
Friday 3/22 – Geometry Test
Friday 3/22 – Spring Picture Day
Friday 3/22 – Recorder Concert at 1:00 pm.
Thursday 3/28 – Festival of Arts 6-8 pm
Friday 3/29 – Half Day for students: end of 3rd quarter
Monday 4/1 – spring break begins
Friday 4/19 – Career Day – see note from Mrs. Shaia below
- Geometry – Unit Test on Friday 3/22. This unit includes 4.10 lines and angles, 4.12 plane figures (quadrilaterals and parallelograms) and 4.11 space figures (identify edges, vertices and faces) Students have all notes in the math notebook
Language Arts –
- Vocabulary – we will build vocabulary several ways.
- Word of the Week: Students are asked to use instigate in written and spoken word.
- Greek/Latin stems: people: familia, mater, pater
- Fab Five words – erroneous, precise, probe, collapse, trek
- Wordly Wise – Lesson 15 quiz on Friday
- Reading –
- Skill – Cause and Effect
- Writing –
- Writing friendly letter to pen pal
Virginia Studies – VS8 – Reconstruction
I hope your children shared details about our wonderful field trip to Pamplin Park. It was very interactive and informative. And the weather decided to cooperate this year!
Our unit on the Civil War concluded today. There will be a unit test on Thursday 3/21.
Our unit on Reconstruction begins on Wednesday. During this unit, we will be discussing:
- the 13-15 amendments
- the devastation of the south
- Freeman’s Bureau, sharecropping
- Jim Crow laws
- growth in industry and technology at the turn of the century.
A unit test will be administered on Friday 3/29.
Items of Interest
KES Career Festival, Sponsored by Karen Shaia, School Counselor
Calling all available workers to share their vast expertise from the World of Work!
DATE: Friday, 4/19 TIME: 8:00-10:45 AM
PLACE: KES Student Classrooms or Presentations in the Gym, or Work Vehicles in the Bus Loop
This year presenters will speak with students for 15 minutes during rotations and share materials and equipment they use on their jobs. Your role would be to help students understand the importance education plays in determining your career choice. Please consider being part of our Kaechele Career Day Festival. If interested, then please sign up using this link Career Day 2019; http://goo.gl/forms/nQfxcMyFjA. If you have any questions, then email Mrs. Shaia at email@example.com.