Wednesday 4/17 – Math MAPS
Wednesday 4/17 – Marco’s Pizza Night
Thursday 4/18 – Field Trip to the Capitol
Friday 4/19 – Career Day –
Friday 4/19 – Half Day of school dismissal at 11:10
Monday 4/22 – No School
Tuesday 4/23 – Report Cards go home
Friday 4/26 – Field Day
- Today we finished our unit on measurement. This unit includes both customary and metric length, determining perimeter and area, customary capacity, and both customary and metric weight.
- A measurement test will be given in the morning of Thursday, 4/18.
Language Arts –
- Vocabulary – we will build vocabulary several ways.
- Word of the Week: Students are asked to use desolate in written and spoken word.
- Greek/Latin stems: people: none this week
- Fab Five words – new words on Wednesday: delectable, astonish, drench, acrid, clamor
- Wordly Wise – none this week.
- Reading –
- Skill – review all strategies
- summarizing important details from non-fiction materials
- Writing –
- editing grammar
Virginia Studies – VS9 – 20th Century
Today we finished our unit on VS9. This unit includes
- advances in technology
- important world leaders with connections to Virginia (Woodrow Wilson and George Marshall)
- Civil Rights movement and leaders
- Virginia Firsts: Maggie Walker, Arthur Ashe, Douglas Wilder
A unit test will be administered on Wednesday 4/24. It will include some questions from VS 10A Virginia Government.
Items of Interest