Friday 10/19 – Fall Pictures
Tuesday 10/23 – Weather Unit Test
Friday 10/26 – Technology Lesson with Mr. C on chromebooks
Friday 11/9 – Veteran’s Day Assembly
- 4.2 Computation – This week we will finish subtracting large numbers, including estimating and mullti-stepped word problems. Multiplying 3 digits by 2 digits will be introduced by the end of the week. We will continue multiplication next week.
- Enrichment – pre-Algebra with Hands On Equations
Language Arts –
- Vocabulary – we will build vocabulary several ways.
- Word of the Week: Students are asked to use allege in written and spoken word.
- Greek/Latin stems quiz on all 10 stems will be given on Wednesday 10/17. The next stems will be phone and sonus (sound); nomen (name) and verbum (word)
- Fab Five words that will include synonyms and antonyms study. Students will use these 5 words in sentences: colossal, minute, concoct, notion, strut. Quiz on Thursday 10/18
- Wordly Wise Lesson 4. Quiz on Friday 10/19
- Reading – Context Clues this week; Author’s Purpose next week
- Comprehension Strategies: Main Idea/Detail and Sequence
- Understanding unfamiliar words by using the clues withing the passage
- Writing –
- Mentoring Sentences in which students dissect a well written sentence.
- Daily Dazzle
- students will practice writing 2 paragraph essays.
4.6. WEATHER – During this unit, students will learn about conditions that affect temperature; air mass; front systems, weather instruments (including reading a weather map), and storms. We had a great visit with the Young Scientists today. This unit will conclude with unit test on 10/30.
Items of Interest