Thursday 2/14 – Valentine Card distribution
– Force and Motion Quiz
Monday 2/18 – is now a FULL day of school
- Decimals – this week we introduced decimals. Students will be able to relate decimals to fractions, understand place value of decimals, round, compare, and order decimals. Next week they will be adding and subtracting decimals by lining up the place values.
Language Arts –
- Vocabulary – we will build vocabulary several ways.
- Word of the Week: Students are asked to use disheveled in written and spoken word.
- Greek/Latin stems: numbers 1-10
- Fab Five words – quiz on week 11 on Thursday: calamity, unearth, plunge, fruitful, barren. No new list this week.
- Wordly Wise – none this week
- Reading –
- Skill – Author’s Purpose in fiction and poetry
- Figurative Language
- Writing –
- writing poetry
SCIENCE: 4.2 Force and Motion
May the Force be With You!! This unit is a continuation of third grade Simple Machines. Students will explore force, motion, and energy. We will be layering these familiar concepts with potential and kinetic energy, inertia, and unseen forces such as gravity. We will also learn about Sir Issac Newton’s three laws of energy.
This unit concludes with a quiz on Thursday.
Next unit – Electricity
Items of Interest