Here is the newsletter for this week!
We have learned all of the letters of the alphabet, their sounds, and how to form the letter correctly. Students need to be able to recognize upper and lowercase, make the letter sound, and write the letter correctly.
This week we will focus on ending sounds.
Sight Word Focus:
Students need to be able to read these words with automaticity.
Concept of Word Poem:
I am a Pumpkin
I am a pumpkin, big and round.
Once upon a time, I grew on the ground.
Now I have a mouth, two eyes, and a nose.
What are they for, do you suppose?
When I have a candle shining bright,
I’ll be a jack-o-lantern on Halloween night!
These poems help students understand how print is organized and read.
Students will need to be able to recognize a pattern, extend the core of a pattern, and name a pattern (AB, ABB, AAB, ABC)
- 5 Senses
- identify the 5 senses
- identify the body part associated with each sense
- tell how we use senses to help us
- Monday 10/22 – Success Week (Jersey Day)
- Tuesday 10/23 – Success Week (Red – Out)
- Wednesday 10/24 – School Picture Day (please make sure you have sent in your picture order form if you want to purchase individual pictures or a class picture)
- Thursday 10/25 – Success Week (Dress Like a PE Teacher)
- Wednesday10/31 – Book Character Parade (Kindergarten students only) – students need to dress as their favorite book character. A letter was sent home at the beginning of October.
- November 5 & 6 – Parent Conferences (look for more information to come home soon)
Class Wish List