We are so excited about our new one-to-one ChromeBooks in the classroom. As we incorporate this new technology into our learning routines, we’ll be using Schoology often. As you may know, Schoology is a digital learning platform that allows me to share links, documents, assignments, etc. with students. All of Henrico County is using Schoology, so I hope our students will be savvy in it by the time they reach middle school. Students can access Schoology at home, using the directions linked below!
Schoology – Login Away from School
P.S. Next week students will be assigned their Solar System Project. I will post the project choice board in Schoology, so be sure to look for that under their Science course.
Did you know that your fourth grader (and your entire family) has access to hundreds of parks for FREE all year? Click the link below to get your free pass!
This past Friday, students took home their Social Studies Journal Cover assignment. This is a fun, creative homework project that asks students to spice up their social studies notebook. We spent some time in class on Friday previewing our Virginia Studies curriculum for the year, and looking through our textbooks. They should have identified two themes for their journal cover, related to our Virginia Studies curriculum. The directions are detailed on a yellow paper that should be in the HW section of their accordion folder. I’ve attached the directions here for your reference as well. This assignment is due Friday, September 14. Please don’t hesitate to email me if you have any questions!
Social Studies Journal Cover Assignment 2018-19
Thanks for a fabulous first day of fourth grade!
Happy Summer! If you’re look for a fun way to keep the brain active and get out of the heat this summer, check out some of these awesome, FREE programs offered by Henrico County:
It’s hard to believe the school year has come to an end. Ms. Connolly’s Crew has had a fabulous fourth grade year. Every student has learned and grown in so many ways this year. I am beyond PROUD of them!
We kicked off our last day of school today with a long family meeting, during which we all shared something we admire or value about each other. It is so inspiring and heart-warming to see the love and compassion these students have for each other. What an incredible group of young Mallards!
Many thanks to our parents for all you’ve done to make this year possible, fun-filled, and so memorable! A special shout-out to Mr. Vera for sharing beautiful photos from field day. Please see the link below to check them out!
Wishing you a safe and happy summer!
I have had quite a few questions about logging into Google Drive from home. Please know that it is OPTIONAL for students to complete their Jamestown Project in Google Driver. However, there are several advantages to using Google Drive for the project (automatic savings, access from home/school, easy feedback from me, etc.). Here are some directions for accessing Google Drive from home. Please note, these directions also explain how to access Schoology. You will only need the first part of the directions to access Google Drive.
Schoology – Login Away from School
We are so excited to begin our Jamestown unit in Virginia Studies today! Today students will learn about their first project assignment in fourth grade – the Jamestown Project. We will discuss the 3 options for their project in class today. On Monday, they will take home their purple project assignment form in their yellow folder. Please take the time to review all 3 project options with your child. Your child must choose 1 option and submit the signed form by Wednesday, November 8. Thank you in advance for your support and collaboration!
Please see the project assignment attached as a PDF: Jamestown Project – Connolly
I can’t wait to see you at Open House! Stop by our classroom (D-15) tomorrow (Thursday, August 31) between 1:00-3:00 p.m.
Families whose last names begin with the letters A-M should plan to come at 1:00 pm. Families whose last names begin with letters N-Z should plan to come at 2:00 pm.
- Families who did not register to use ZippSlip (online forms) will need to complete 3 paper forms upon arriving to the classroom. Your yellow communication folder with bus assignment will be given to you after these forms are completed and turned in.
- You may park across the street at Welborne church if necessary. Please be careful crossing Maybeury Drive.
- Our wonderful PTA and Cafeteria Manager will be stationed in the Cafeteria. Spirit Wear will be available for purchase! Our Cafeteria Manager, Ms. Shannon Woodley, will be available to answer any and all questions regarding School Nutrition Services.
- Our administrative team will be located at the front of the school to register Car Rider tags to all parents who will be picking up their child(ren) in the car loop in the afternoons. You must have your ID to receive a car tag. Any parents who do not register tomorrow will need to come into the school office on Tuesday and register with the Registrar to receive a tag. Car tags must be visible each afternoon to allow our students to be released safely.
- Our Registrar and Financial Secretaries will be available to handle any registration questions if necessary. Families who need to complete the registration process need to bring the required documentation before your child can begin school on Tuesday.