Happy Spring everyone!
In reading this week, we began our unit on cause and effect. This is a skill that we introduced earlier in the year with our nonfiction text structures. However, during this unit we will look at cause and effect in both fiction AND nonfiction. We will take a look at why events happen and what the results are of the event.
In writing this week, the students completed an alternative writing assessment focused on revising their writing. With revising, we use the word A.R.M.S. to think about what steps to take (Add, Remove, Move, and Substitute). The students revised their writing to include more detail, remove any unneeded words or sentences, move sentences or words around, and substitute words with strong vocabulary.
In social studies this week, we concluded our unit on the Midwest region of the United States. Next up is the Southwest!
Check out Mrs. Reed’s blog to see what the students learned in math and science this week!
- PENCILS: Now that we are in the second half of the school year, we are running low on pencils. We would appreciate any and all donations!
- Monday, March 25: JA in a Day
- Tuesday, March 26: VCU Market Day
- Wednesday, March 27: Career Day
- Thursday, March 28: PAW Achievement
- Friday, March 29: STEAM Half Day