Welcome to Mrs. Tyler’s blog!

I know that this 2017-18 school year will be a marvelous year in musicΒ for all of us.Β  I will update this blog regularly, so please check back!

33 responses to “Welcome to Mrs. Tyler’s blog!

1. Emerson where is chi chi and United we sing

• If you click on “Fourth Grade Recorders” (not your class name), you should be able to find these songs at the bottom of the page. See you tomorrow!

2. Mrs Tyler why do we not have the two other songs we do -Emerson

• Your other two songs are in the “Fourth Grade Recorders” tab – don’t click on your teacher’s name, just click on “4th Grade Recorders.” They are below the recorder karate belt songs. Hope this helps!

3. I saw the Wizarads of Waverly Palce show your brother was on. He is a good actor. It is cool watching the episode and saying to yourself I can’t believe someone I know knows that person. I also want to be an actor. It is really fun for me and I love being on stage so thanks for all the things you let us do on stage.
    -Charlotte

4. Mrs. Tyler I did not have the time to create a dance for We Got The Beat because I was dancing Friday and Saturdy, but I did have a suggestion. I was thinking maybe we could have the girls on one side and the boys on the other in groups during the begining, and then we could all join together as one big old happy family!

• Thanks for your suggestions, Keeley! I’m sorry to be so late in responding. I am SO proud of you and your great job!! Have a wonderful summer and come back to visit sometime!

5. I am so excited about the concert
    Thank
    Jazmin

6. Lila L (Nancy-Claire)

We have visited the blog at least once a week.
    Yes, I think this very helpful because she plays along to the music.
    NC has really enjoyed the music.

Thank yoU!

• Thank you for your feedback. NC really has done a great job in class and she is improving quite a bit! I can tell she is practicing at home – thank you for encouraging her.

7. Mrs.Tyler how do you find the gobble gobble song link on youtube.com.

• Kai,
      That song is not available on YouTube. I put it on the fifth grade chorus page for students only. Enjoy – gobble, gobble!
      Mrs. Tyler πŸ™‚

8. Dear Mrs. Tyler,
    Thank you for a successful Veterans Day! Lots of kids are telling me they liked the songs we sang. It wouldn’t have been as much fun if they just recognized the veterans. Once again thank you!
    Your Student,
    Lillian πŸ˜‰

• Lillian,
      Thank YOU for your hard work – it certainly paid off! I am so proud of the fifth grade and your wonderful performance. Thank you for your kind words!
      Mrs. Tyler πŸ™‚

9. Hay Mrs.Tyler do you know what we are supposed to ware on monday.

• Sure, Kai –
      You can find this information on the “Fifth Grade Chorus Page.” Here is what it says for boys-

Dress slacks
      Collared, button-down shirt
      A tie
      Dark dress shoes and matching socks

Hope this helps. See you tomorrow! I know our assembly will be wonderful.

Mrs. Tyler πŸ™‚

10. Mrs. Tyler
    Is there any chance you could get me another copy of my speaking part? My crazy dog got it and chewed it up. If you can can I get it on Tuesday when I come for music? I’m really glad I got a speaking part and I wouldn’t want to disappoint you.
    Sincerely,
    Ava

11. Hello Mrs. Tyler! Can you tell me when I can go to the music room to try out for the solo? Sorry, I forgot when to go. Thanks for teaching us about music. : )

• Sure, Hanna – the auditions will be on Tuesday and Thursday before school. You only need to come on one of these days. I also put this up on the fifth grade chorus site (for students). Hope to see you next week for auditions!

Mrs. Tyler πŸ™‚

12. hey miss tyler i love the song For the Good of the many πŸ˜›

13. Miss.Tyler you are the best music teacher ever!!!

14. Mrs. Tyler, below is a link to a video on you tube I would like to share for music sharing day. Can you let me know if this is ok with you?

Maddie

• Maddie,
      This is fine! Thank you for running it by me first.
      I am looking forward to next week!

Mrs. Tyler πŸ™‚

15. Hey Mrs. Tyler, I’m in 5th grade and I was wondering if then1st graders are going to their winter play. I hope they are. Well see you at tuckahoe!!

• Hi, Victoria! The first graders will be doing their winter musical – it will just be a little later than we originally anticipated. We will aim for a wonderful show within a couple months of returning in the new year. We will surely keep everyone posted as we work towards finalizing a date. Thanks for your interest! I know our first graders will be awesome.

16. Hey Mrs.Tyler! Everyday I come on your blog and practice the 5th Grade Veterans songs along with the music from Youtube! Thank you so much for being such a fantastic music teacher. Have a great weekend!

See you next week,
    Mary πŸ™‚

• Mary,
      I am so glad that you have been practicing! You all sounded great today, and I know that our program will be awesome. Thanks for the sweet message – I hope you have a great weekend, too!
      Mrs. Tyler πŸ™‚

17. hi mrs. tyler