Tuesday, April 12, 2:00PM The Grand Opening of Byrd’s Little Free Library #22505
Thursday, April 28, 1:00PM Jeff Kinney Live Webcast: Diary Of A Wimpy Kid #11 Book Cover Reveal
Friday, April 15 | All 3 Lunches The Sleepy Hollow Bluegrass Band
Byrd’s Library is thrilled to have Mrs. Lynn Rasor, one of our Byrd teachers, performing with The Sleepy Hollow Bluegrass Band. Please enjoy your lunch with us as you listen to finger picking good music.
Click Here to sign up to attend this School Library Month event. Space is limited to the first 50 students to sign up for each grade level lunch. Please try to bring your lunch from home. (Sign up closes, 4/13/2016.)
Box Top Grade Level Contest:
Dates: March 7 – 18
Location: Box Tops display table in library
Want to see Mrs.Guempel dressed as your favorite book character? Can you imagine Mr. King, Dr. Proffitt, or Ms. Lawson dressed as Harry Potter or Pippi Longstocking? We are launching a fun new Box Tops contest in March! Each grade level will compete to dress Mrs. Guempel and their administrator in their book character costume of choice! To submit a book character name CLICK HERE.
The grade level with the most submitted Box Tops wins and they will vote on what the Principals have to wear! Byrd Middle has collected more Box Tops this year than any other middle school. Let’s keep it up!
What do books, baseball and Byrd have in common?
Nutzy of course!
If you are a BYRD 6th grader who is interested in attending a free Richmond Squirrels BASEBALL game, then sign up to have lunch with Nutzy in the library. Nutzy is coming to Byrd to tell you how reading BOOKS can earn you a free ticket to the Richmond Squirrels April 29th baseball game.
Lunch with Nutzy will be during 6th grade lunch on Monday, February 8th. All you need to do to come to the lunch is sign up by CLICKING HERE.
Half a Chance by Cynthia Lord
- 6th grade students (and parents) ALL read Half a Chance.
- Photo Scavenger Hunt Contest entries are due Monday, November 30. (This is a change.) Three (3) prize winners will be announced at the Half a Chance Celebration. www.tinyurl.com/6PhotoC
- The Half a Chance Celebration for students and parents who are reading the book will be held on Thursday, December 3, 6:30PM. There will be fun stations about the book and loons, a kayak photo booth, information about Alzheimer’s, refreshments, and door prizes.
- Please CLICK HERE to watch our Half a Chance promo. (Please turn up your volume.)
To celebrate the completion of the Book Fair we are going to throw a Turkey Bowl. The problem is, we can’t figure out what sport we should play at the Turkey Bowl. We will have a special assembly on November 24th when the teachers take on the students.
We want to know what you would like to play/watch at this years Turkey Bowl.
CLICK HERE TO VOTE NOW!
Voting closes on Monday, November 16th. Starting Tuesday on your Byrd Library Website, you can signup for a chance to be one of the 20 students in your grade who will play against the teachers in the Turkey Bowl.
TEACHERS AND STUDENTS!
PTA Scholastic Book Fair @ Byrd Library
8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (M-F)
November 3 (Parent/Teacher Conferences): 8:00-11:00 a.m.
November 5 (Family Movie Night): 6:30-8:30 p.m.
November 11 (Parent/Teacher Conferences): 3:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m.
*Please note– the book fair will close at 8:30 a.m. on November 13.
Q: Why a book fair?
A: Book Fairs put affordable books in the hands of students!
Find More Great Books Online!
- Orders may be placed online October 27th – November 16th to ensure delivery.
To order online, go to scholastic.com/schoolbookfairs.
- Online orders close on November 15th to ensure delivery before Thanksgiving.
- Orders will be shipped to Byrd and will be available for pick up in the library. And remember: Profit from ALL sales will be used to add additional resources for our students!