Happy Friday, Families! What a wonderful warm week it has been! Our kiddos were so excited to get outside in the sunshine! We read fairy tale stories and retold them using story elements. We also practiced reading, writing and representing numbers to 20. We also began a unit on maps and globes. We even got to find our school on Google Maps online, it was so neat!
We also had a fun time getting ready for St.Patrick’s Day! We graphed lucky charms marshmallows and even made our own leprechaun traps! We are so LUCKY to be in kindergarten!
**Field Day is coming! Field Day t-shirts are on sale NOW. Order forms were sent home this week. Orders will be accepted starting NOW and ending on March 29th. Shirts are $10 and our kindergarten color is hot pink. Cash or checks accepted (checks should be made payable to Trevvett Elementary School). You can also order online at
Shirts will be delivered BEFORE Field Day on April 26th.
– Comprehension Focus & Genre Study: Retelling (Leprechaun Stories)
– Phonemic awareness: ENDING digraphs /sh/ /ch/ /th/ /wh/
– Sight Words: all, this, home
– Writing sentences (with capital letter at beginning and period/question mark at the end) with our sight words
* Who were the important characters in the story? Where/When was the setting? What was the problem? How did they solve it?
MATH: Part-Part-Whole Within 4
– K.4 The student will recognize and describe with fluency part-whole relationships for numbers up to 5.
SOCIAL STUDIES: Maps and Globes
—The student will use simple maps and globes to develop an awareness that locate land and water features.
Important Upcoming Dates/Events
March 18-22: Spring Book Fair
March 21st: PTO Spaghetti Dinner
March 23rd: Panther Prowl Fun Run
March 27th: Career Day
March 29th: STEAM Day/Student Half Day Dismissal @11am
April 1-5: Spring Break