All About Me!

I’m Mrs. Rainer and I am excited to be part of the Three Chopt Family!  I have been teaching for nine years, but took a hiatus to hang out with my own munchkins.  I have had the joy of teaching grades 1st-4th grades.  I am passionate about the profession of teaching and work hard to be the best I can be in the classroom each and everyday.

I am a graduate of the University of Virginia where I received my bachelor’s degree in History and a Master of Teaching degree.  After leaving Charlottesville, I married and moved to Shaker Heights, OH where I began my teaching career in second grade.  From there we lived in Jacksonville, FL and Dearborn, MI before returning to the Richmond area.  Along the way we added three fellas, a little lady and a fish to our family(ok, there’s been quite a few fish along the way 🙁 ).  They love playing football, basketball, soccer and softball and we enjoy watching them.

When I am not trying to come up with engaging lessons for my classroom here are a few of the things I like to do:

• Hanging out with my family

IMG_0514 IMG_1504

• We enjoy UVA sports (although, they often break our hearts)

5c0d6433b0bd511fcdc14cc2c7fded8f

• Reading (I LOVE to read. It can be for fun or to learn something new)
  • I really enjoy traveling because there’s so much to see. But, I have a soft spot for sandy locations.  I’m a beach bum deep down.