Week of Oct. 28

We had a great time on our field trip to Meadow Farm last Friday! Students enjoyed rotating to different places around the farm and learning about life in the past.

As we continue our science unit on animals, students will be doing a fun, in class, project. Each student will pick an animal to research and then they will have the opportunity to make a diorama including their animal and what it needs in order to survive.  Students are asked to bring in a shoe box in order to make this animal diorama. Please send in a shoe box by Wednesday, October 31st. A letter with more details was sent home on Friday.

Learning Objectives:

Language Arts- making predictions; getting more from pictures and thinking about words in the text; nouns

Math- counting and writing numbers to 110 (starting at any number), counting backward orally from any given number between 1- 30

Science- animals (basic needs and physical characteristics)

Important Dates:

Week of October 29th- Book Fair in the library

Thursday, November 1st-Square One Art orders due

Friday, November 2nd- Donuts with Dads 7:30-8AM

Monday, November 5th- Parent/Teacher Conferences (3-6:30PM)

Tuesday, November 6th- Student Holiday, Parent/Teacher Conferences (8-11AM)

About awdavidson

I am so excited to be teaching 1st grade at Colonial Trail! This is my 15th year teaching. I transferred from Hanover County to Henrico County. I have 2 daughters and my husband is also a teacher.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.